All goods shall be subject to a materials and labour warranty (excluding consumables) for 12 months following delivery, in any case where the goods are found to be defective in materials, manufacture or workmanship. Spare parts will be covered by a minimum of 90 days warranty for replacement parts only. This warranty applies only for the benefit of the customer and is void if installation or operation is not in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations. Furthermore, all warranty work must be conducted by Comcater staff or their Authorised Service Agents. All warranty calls are to be placed and authorised through our branch offices.
All warranty work will be undertaken in normal working hours from Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm. Penalty rates for after-hours service apply and when charged, the excess between normal hour labour rates and penalty rates will be the customer’s responsibility. Equipment such as Server, Antunes/Roundup products and other small equipment are classed as ‘carry in’ items. These items are to be returned to Comcater/Authorised Service Agent workshop for repair. Transport/freight costs to and from the customer for ‘carry in’ items are to be covered by the customer. If the customer requests onsite service (an option always available to the customer) the customer will be charged callout and travelling costs; the labour for warranty repair time on site will be covered by Comcater.
Service work carries a 30 day warranty on workmanship. Penalty rates apply for service work conducted outside of normal working hours Monday- Friday 8am – 4pm.
1. Replacement of consumable items; light bulbs, gaskets and seals, covers, filters and/or the replacement of glass due to damage of any kind. Routine maintenance or adjustments, corrections of programs and calibration of unit outside 30 days from installation. (Note: Cleveland covers gaskets and seals under warranty)
2. Fuses, unless they have blown as the direct result of the failure an internal component of the equipment, as these items can blow due to a power surge or drop.
3. Equipment damage caused by accident, shipping or improper alteration. Damages caused by non-compliance with the manufacturers installations requirements and /or operator manual.
4. Equipment used under conditions of abuse, misuse, application of improper voltage, carelessness or abnormal conditions, including but not limited to, equipment subjected to harsh or inappropriate chemicals, including but not limited to, compounds containing chloride, acids or quaternary salts, poor water quality, or equipment with missing or altered serial numbers.
5. Damage incurred as a direct result of poor water quality, inadequate maintenance of steam generators and/or surfaces affected by water quality. Water quality and required maintenance of steam generating equipment is the responsibility of the owner/operator. Additionally there shall be no warranty for damage and malfunctions caused by the build-up of limescale in the appliance.
6. Damage caused by use of harsh cleaning agents, including but not limited to damage due to chlorine or other harmful chemicals and the use of hoses and high pressure cleaners. For proper cleaning procedures please refer to the Operator Manual.
7. Any losses or damage resulting from malfunction, including loss of product, food product, revenue, or consequential or incidental damages of any kind.
8. Equipment modified in any manner from original model, substitution of parts other than factory authorised parts, removal of any parts including legs, or addition of any parts.
9. This warranty also excludes any claims if the unit in question was service by anyone other than Comcater Approved Technicians and /or parts other than original spare parts have been used in repair of the equipment.
10. All warranty work will be undertaken in normal working hours form Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Penalty rates for out of hours service, including public holidays apply and the excess between the normal hourly and penalty rates is the customers responsibility and must be agreed to by the customer prior to the work commencing.
The document below is a summary only, for complete warranty conditions refer to the warranty statement that is printed in or provided with the operators manual for each piece of equipment.